As you consider your treatment plan, think about:
- The stage and risk factors of your cancer.
- Where both the primary tumor in your colon or rectum and any spread beyond those sites (metastases) are located.
- Your overall health and what other medical problems you have.
- The recommendations of your treatment team.
- Getting a second opinion.
- Whether or not a clinical trial might be appropriate for you.
- Your personal goals for the future.
Where Can You Go for More Information
Frankly Speaking About Colorectal Cancer is a book collaboratively developed by the Colorectal Cancer Coalition and the Cancer Support Community. You can receive a free copy by calling the Answer Line at 1-877-4CRC-111 or emailing an Answer Line Associate.