Since President Clinton issued the first Presidential Proclamation recognizing March as Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month over a decade ago, each year in March advocates request that their state and city officials issue proclamations acknowledging March as Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month.
This year was no different – except for the fact that we had more states and cities than ever proclaim March Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month and it was all thanks to Fight Colorectal Cancer advocates.
Seventeen states and four cities and counties issued proclamations – and each one was accomplished because at least one advocate stepped forward and took the lead.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank every person who pushed for a proclamation this year. They are:
2012 STATE PROCLAMATIONS
- Alabama – Thanks to advocate Lisa Borden!
- Arizona – Thanks to advocates Liz Dennis!
- Georgia – Thanks to advocate Lesa Fontaine (pictured above)!
- Idaho – Thanks to advocate Frank Luzzo!
- Illinois - Thanks to advocate Jennifer Olson!
- Iowa – Thanks to advocate Jeanna Jones!
- Massachusetts - Thanks to advocates Amy Robert and Evelyn Reyes!
- Minnesota - Thanks to advocate Kathryn Finn-Blume!
- Missouri - Thanks to advocate Ginny Goddard!
- New Jersey - Thanks to advocate David Dubin!
- North Carolina – Thanks to advocate John Lloyd!
- Ohio – Thanks to advocate Rene Elefteriou!
- Pennsylvania – Thanks to advocate Patti Hollenback!
- South Carolina - Thanks to advocate Jo-Ellen DeLuca!
- Texas - Thanks to advocate Brienne Fisher!
- Virginia - Thanks to advocate Cindy Robinson!
- West Virginia - Thanks to advocate Pam Seijo!
2012 CITY/COUNTY PROCLAMATIONS
- Cincinnati, Ohio – Thanks to advocate Ed Murphy!
- Davis, California – Thanks to advocates Barbara and Doug Wilson!
- DeKalb County, Georgia – Thanks to advocate Lesa Fontaine (seen here with the County Commissioners)
- Gadsden, Alabama – Thanks to advocate Lisa Borden!
If your state or city is not listed above, plan to make a request in mid-winter 2013!