Bear Grylls is One Million Strong

This week a host of well-known personalities posted their support for the more than one million colorectal cancer survivors and those who’ve shown tremendous strength in light of the disease. Among the most popular who supported the campaign this week: Bear Grylls, on behalf of our sponsor Aquacai. Bear is a “survivalist” who’s known for his outdoor adventures. He’s been…  Read More

My Craig Campbell Experience

by Rose Hausmann One September morning I jumped out of bed to get the phone and thought, Who would be calling me at this hour? Another telemarketer? Another office telling me I missed another appointment? Maybe it was someone calling to give me some bad news?  Then I answered: “Hello?”   “Hi Rose,” a familiar voice…  Read More

A Bell Heard Around the World

Next week Fight CRC and several of our sponsors, partners and advocates will ring the closing bell at NASDAQ. This is our 3rd year to be in Times Square to kick off March as Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month and launch our One Million Strong campaign. This year, we’ll be joined by country music artist and national spokesman…  Read More

Belle Strong.

“Let me make it clear – I am not OK with cancer. Not in any way.” I’ll never forget the day Belle shared her honest, yet oddly optimistic, view about her diagnosis and the fact colorectal cancer had, like her dad, become her fight. She explained that she was on “chemo for life” with a matter-of-factness…  Read More

Meet the One Million Strong – Daniel S. from Hawaii

Meet Daniel Daniel Shockley, survivor Mililani, Hawaii Family Daniel’s Story My name is Daniel Shockley, I am a retired military member, I reside in Hawaii and am a pre-colorectal cancer survivor with an attenuated familial adenomatous polyposis (AFAP) diagnosis. You can read about my personal experience at the following link: http://www.army.mil/article/90122/ Additionally, you can find more information regarding…  Read More

Meet the One Million Strong – Barbara B. From Oregon

Meet Barbara Barbara Baughman, caregiver Hillsboro, Oregon Barbara’s Story This is my husband Rodger, who was diagnosed in February 2008 with stage IV colorectal cancer. We were at our beach house when Rodger began experiencing major bleeding. He decided that he wanted to be back in Hillsboro, so we drove immediately home and then to the…  Read More