My Personal Connection to Colorectal Cancer: Keavy McAbee

Meet Our Team Keavy McAbee, Community Resource Manager  What brings you to Fight CRC? I have an interest in access to health care and resources for survivors and family members. What is your connection to Colorectal Cancer? I began working on a colorectal cancer project as a graduate student and found working with survivors, community members and…  Read More

My Personal Connection to Colorectal Cancer: Danielle Burgess

To honor November as Health History Month, we wanted to introduce you to some of the Fight CRC team & show their personal connection to the cause.  Meet: Danielle Burgess, Director of Communications What brings you to Fight CRC? I met the Fight CRC team when they came to Kansas City for the first One Million…  Read More

Meet the One Million Strong – Belle Piazza

How do YOU define One Million Strong? I define one million strong beyond the survivors themselves, making it more like Ten Million Strong.  Cancer affects everyone.  The patient, the caregiver, the family, the friends, the community.  I can’t imagine going through my cancer journey alone.  They say it takes a village to raise a child.  I say…  Read More

I’m the Mom and I Said Get Screened

by Kathy Dwyer-Keefe, (AKA Andi Dwyer’s mom) As the Fight Colorectal Cancer team begins to share who they are and their connection to the cause, Andi asked that I write about my history as her mom and the importance of family history and telling your story. My Story At age 41, I was diagnosed with tubular villous…  Read More

Getting Social about Survivorship at Mayo

Last week I had the extreme privilege of walking around Mayo Clinic without my rear hanging out of one of those horrible hospital gowns. I received a scholarship to attend the Health Care Social Media Summit as a patient. The fact I work at Fight CRC and manage our social media was a bonus. The scholarship covered…  Read More

Meet the One Million Strong – DAN DIXON PhD

How do YOU define One Million Strong? We, meaning researchers, advocates, and survivors, all have a common goal in getting behind a cure for colorectal cancer. We each have our own strengths and talents that can be best utilized to reach the goal. Putting us together defines One Million Strong. Where have you drawn strength? As a cancer…  Read More