MEET THE ONE MILLION STRONG – Robert Webster

How do YOU define One Million Strong? For me being able to fight colorectal cancer has required a change in my basic philosophy. The old me that handled all problems internally was just not working. For me to survive this long I had to build support groups starting at the core with my family. They are at…  Read More

Meet the One Million Strong – Laura Kovacs

How do YOU define One Million Strong? Millions of people dedicated to fighting the good fight against colon cancer by teaching the importance of early screening, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and also aiding those either with colon cancer or the people who are caregivers or family how to help and be strong! Where have you drawn strength?  My…  Read More

Demystifying Social Security Disability Benefits

Demystifying the Social Security Disability Benefits Process For Colorectal Cancer Patients by Chris M. Heffelbower, J.D. If you have recently been diagnosed with colorectal cancer, the last thing on your mind may be applying for Social Security Disability Insurance (“SSDI”). Your time and energy are precious right now. However, after you have selected your doctors and determined…  Read More

A Tribute to Gordon Cole

Gordon Cole passed away on September 26, 2014.  Gordon was one of those rare souls who could make you laugh and cry all at the same time. He was a husband, father, grandfather and friend to many. He came to his first Call-on Congress training in 2007, joined our Board of Directors (past Secretary) in 2011…  Read More

Camp Kesem: A Childhood Experience to Remember

by Belle Piazza, survivor and advocate Last year, Fight Colorectal Cancer sent me to Washington, D.C. to attend an event similar to Call-on Congress, which I’ve attended with the kids the past three years.  The event was called One Voice Against Cancer (OVAC) and people were there from all types of cancer-related organizations.  During this event,…  Read More

5 Steps from Unaware to Aware

by Shawna Snyder A few weeks ago I worked an awareness event at Craig Campbell’s concert in Kansas City that left me stunned in a way I didn’t think was possible. This event had over 3,000 people there, I’d say the majority of them were ages 21-35. As many of the event-goers walked by our table, they…  Read More