Our Response & Action to the CDC’s Ostomy Ads

Thanks to the many advocates voicing their opinions through social media, I decided to pick up the phone and call the American Cancer Society (ACS) and The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) last week regarding the new round of ads that are a part of the “Tips From Former Smokers“ campaign. This public health…  Read More

Attending One Million Strong – Nashville from my own home

by Evan Whittaker  When I began my internship with Fight CRC in January, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. I had heard great things about the organization and its advocates, but I knew little about what Fight CRC actually did. After my initial meeting with the team, I began working with them on One Million…  Read More

Meet the One Million Strong – Gayle P. From Kentucky

Meet Gayle Gayle Pendleton, caregiver Louisville, Kentucky Gayle’s Story I lost my brother, Michael, to colon cancer in 2009. He lived for only four months after his diagnosis. Michael was 52 years old at the time and had few symptoms prior to being diagnosed in late June 2009. Unfortunately, by that time, the cancer had already spread;…  Read More

Spreading Awareness at the Cavaliers Game

by Libby Schrack If there is one thing people know about Northeast Ohio it’s that we have little luck when it comes to professional sports teams. I’ve lived in Ohio my entire life and year after year it seems that the Cleveland teams always end up with a losing record; however, the fans still remain loyal.…  Read More

StrongArmSelfie A Huge Success

Before March, we knew you guys were cool. But after last month, it’s clear you guys are off the charts amazing! Thanks to you, our #StrongArmSelfie campaign was a success. We’re happy to report these findings to you! 1. We Hit Our Fundraising Goal! First off — WE DID IT! When we tallied up the total number of posts,…  Read More

One Million Strong Nashville A New Experience

by Shawna Snyder Last year I was involved in the 2014 One Million Strong (OMS) event in NYC at Grand Central Terminal, and it was awesome! The energy was high and we had advocates travel from near and far to join the fight and champion our cause. I was excited to be involved in this event;…  Read More