Meet the One Million Strong – Amanda H. From North Dakota

Meet Amanda Amanda Houston, survivor Fargo, North Dakota Amanda’s Story In August 2013, at the age of 34, I was diagnosed with stage II colon cancer. Shortly after, I was also diagnosed with Lynch syndrome. In November 2013, I received good news after having my three-month scans. But shortly after my celebration, I found out that my mother,…  Read More

Meet the One Million Strong – Hillary B. From Montana

Meet Hillary Hillary Begger, caregiver Billings, Montana Hillary’s Story My name is Hillary Begger and my brother Aaron was diagnosed with colorectal cancer in 2010 at the age of 25. Flash forward to  present day – Aaron is still fighting. Unfortunately, in order to remove the 32 cm tumor from his colon, a permanent colostomy bag…  Read More

Carrying the Torch into April

I am not sure how we can top this March, but I know our advocates and supporters will find a way. The song “Stronger Than That” by Craig Campbell and stage IV survivor, Rose Hausmann, was serendipitous, giving us a much-needed anthem. As a community, we are touched by the stories of those newly diagnosed, those…  Read More

Meet the One Million Strong – Traci J. From Colorado

Meet Traci Traci Johnson, survivor Castle Rock, Colorado Traci’s Story I was diagnosed in 2012 with stage IV colon cancer at age 42. With no family history, this was a complete shock. I have had many ups and downs, but two-and-a-half years later, I’m alive and kicking! My cancer is still there but it is stable thanks…  Read More

Strong Survivor Stories from Mayo Clinic

We’ve partnered with Mayo Clinic on our #StrongArmSelfie campaign this month and literally reached millions with the message of prevention and strength! Together, we are united behind a cure. Over the past several weeks, we’ve seen thousands of photos pour in of those “flexing” for the cause, sharing why they are strong. Some are survivors, others caregivers, loved…  Read More