Remembering Patsy

“We have to keep educating them. We have to make sure people are aware!” Those were the last words Patsy told me just 12 days ago. With spiky streaks of blue painted in her hair and a smile that masked the pain she felt while…

Read Full Post

The OMS Collection – What Is It?!

One of the favorite parts of my job is getting to monitor our Fight CRC Instagram and Twitter accounts and watch you guys. I often skim through photos on social media with the hashtag #coloncancer, #coloncancerawareness and #fightcrc to see what you guys are up to….

Read Full Post

Featuring: Rhiannon's Music and Tattoos

OMS Contribution:  Rhiannon Ferrie’s Playlist & Tattoo Remembering Her Dad Rhiannon’s father was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer at age 45. After a three-year battle, Rhiannon lost her father to colon cancer. Recently, a close friend and mentor of Rhiannon’s also lost her battle with…

Read Full Post

Fight Colorectal Cancer Launches Meghan King Edmonds PSAs

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ALEXANDRIA, Va., Feb. 15, 2016 – Colorectal cancer impacts one in 20 people, including those with “fancy” lives. Reality star Meghan King Edmonds has partnered with Fight Colorectal Cancer (Fight CRC) to share her personal experience with the disease through a :30…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong – Derrick Hardy from Arkansas

Meet Derrick Derrick Hardy, FAP Greenbrier, Arkansas Derrick’s Story My name is Derrick. I am 29 years old and I live in Greenbrier, Arkansas with my wife Ashley. We have two daughters Sophia, age 4, Maddison, age 5 and a son Mason, age 3. I learned…

Read Full Post

Featuring: Rev. Cooper's Spoken Word

OMS Contribution After caring for his sister who was battling stage III colon cancer, Rev. Roland Cooper was diagnosed with stage II CRC in 2013. During his surgery, complications arose which sent him into cardiac arrest twice. After being revived by his medical team and…

Read Full Post

Featuring: Austin Stewart's Fighter Tattoo

OMS CONTRIBUTION: Austin Stewart’s Fighter Tattoo Austin Stewart: 35 years old. Father of two. U.S. Army veteran serving in OIF and OEF. Colorectal cancer survivor. I have had a lot of close calls due to medical issues, dumb ideas and helicopter incidents in the military, but…

Read Full Post

Elaine Newcomb Raising Her Voice

OMS CONTRIBUTION Advocate Elaine Newcomb from Wyoming is raising awareness of colorectal cancer to make sure the necessary information is available to those who hear the words “you have colorectal cancer.” In 2009 after a gall bladder attack and a visit to the emergency room, what…

Read Full Post
Four Ambassadors

Featuring: Elaine Newcomb Raising Her Voice

OMS CONTRIBUTION: Advocate Elaine Newcomb from Wyoming is raising awareness of colorectal cancer to make sure the necessary information is available to those who hear the words “you have colorectal cancer.” In 2009 after a gall bladder attack and a visit to the emergency room, what…

Read Full Post
Page 4 of 29« First...23456...1020...Last »