Meet the One Million Strong – Karen R. from California

Meet Karen Karen Ross, survivor Pine Mountain Club, CA Karen’s Story I went in for a baseline colonoscopy five years late,  the procedure couldn’t be completed due to baseball-sized malignant mass.  The mass was removed and a colon resection was done 10 days later; this was a full-open abdominal surgery. The mass was encapsulated so there was no…  Read More

My Personal Connection to Colorectal Cancer: Keavy McAbee

Meet Our Team Keavy McAbee, Community Resource Manager  What brings you to Fight CRC? I have an interest in access to health care and resources for survivors and family members. What is your connection to Colorectal Cancer? I began working on a colorectal cancer project as a graduate student and found working with survivors, community members and…  Read More

My Personal Connection to Colorectal Cancer: Danielle Burgess

To honor November as Health History Month, we wanted to introduce you to some of the Fight CRC team & show their personal connection to the cause.  Meet: Danielle Burgess, Director of Communications What brings you to Fight CRC? I met the Fight CRC team when they came to Kansas City for the first One Million…  Read More

Meet the One Million Strong – Belle Piazza

How do YOU define One Million Strong? I define one million strong beyond the survivors themselves, making it more like Ten Million Strong.  Cancer affects everyone.  The patient, the caregiver, the family, the friends, the community.  I can’t imagine going through my cancer journey alone.  They say it takes a village to raise a child.  I say…  Read More

I’m the Mom and I Said Get Screened

by Kathy Dwyer-Keefe, (AKA Andi Dwyer’s mom) As the Fight Colorectal Cancer team begins to share who they are and their connection to the cause, Andi asked that I write about my history as her mom and the importance of family history and telling your story. My Story At age 41, I was diagnosed with tubular villous…  Read More

Getting Social about Survivorship at Mayo

Last week I had the extreme privilege of walking around Mayo Clinic without my rear hanging out of one of those horrible hospital gowns. I received a scholarship to attend the Health Care Social Media Summit as a patient. The fact I work at Fight CRC and manage our social media was a bonus. The scholarship covered…  Read More