A Tribute to Gordon Cole

Gordon Cole passed away on September 26, 2014.  Gordon was one of those rare souls who could make you laugh and cry all at the same time. He was a husband, father, grandfather and friend to many. He came to his first Call-on Congress training in 2007, joined our Board of Directors (past Secretary) in 2011…  Read More

Camp Kesem: A Childhood Experience to Remember

by Belle Piazza, survivor and advocate Last year, Fight Colorectal Cancer sent me to Washington, D.C. to attend an event similar to Call-on Congress, which I’ve attended with the kids the past three years.  The event was called One Voice Against Cancer (OVAC) and people were there from all types of cancer-related organizations.  During this event,…  Read More

5 Steps from Unaware to Aware

by Shawna Snyder A few weeks ago I worked an awareness event at Craig Campbell’s concert in Kansas City that left me stunned in a way I didn’t think was possible. This event had over 3,000 people there, I’d say the majority of them were ages 21-35. As many of the event-goers walked by our table, they…  Read More

Standing Up for the One Million Strong

by Danielle Burgess It’s difficult to adequately describe the emotion of Friday night for me. As a teen colon cancer survivor, attending Stand Up to Cancer felt like a “Make a Wish” moment. But my trip to Hollywood last weekend was so much more than that. As a survivor, it made me celebrate life in a…  Read More

TALKING ABOUT PERSONAL TRAUMA ISN'T EASY

by Anjee Davis , Fight Colorectal Cancer President At our photo shoot last week we heard incredible stories of strength and watched people engage in community. I love hearing people’s stories, and I love watching advocates connect with one another on the set. It makes our work so powerful. After the photo shoot, something happened that…  Read More

Giving From the Heart – Or the Ice Maker

by Michael Sola  There is no doubt the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has become a giving sensation that has brought a slew of celebrities, politicians and folks from all walks of life to the forefront of a webcam and under a cold bucket of ice water. I’d be lying if I wasn’t a little jealous of…  Read More