Shaye Dunn's Story

Shaye’s story was originally shared on her CaringBridge page. My story began in April, 2004 ago when I was diagnosed with Stage IIIB colon cancer at age 36! After surgery and chemotherapy I had a recurrence just 17 months later when the cancer spread to my left…

Read Full Post

Featuring: Dewey Longuski's Colonoscopy Song

OMS Contribution Dewey Longuski’s Colonoscopy Song After Dewey’s father was diagnosed with colorectal cancer a few years ago, Dewey realized how important it was to get people talking about getting screened. “My dad was diagnosed with colorectal cancer and it could have been prevented if…

Read Full Post

RECAP: NASDAQ Bell Ringing 2016

In true March tradition around Fight CRC, this week we participated in a closing bell ceremony at NASDAQ thanks to our board member David Wicks. It’s how we’ve kicked off a March full of awareness over the past several years. It’s an annual tradition and a…

Read Full Post

Remembering Patsy – Make Her Story Heard

In Patsy’s words, “With faith, joy, laughter, dancing, grace, trust and hope, I have pummeled through the tough times, and kicked some serious cancer booty.” Patsy was ready to walk the halls of Congress alongside her mother Sandy on March 16, 2016 at Call-on Congress….

Read Full Post

Remembering Patsy

“We have to keep educating them. We have to make sure people are aware!” Those were the last words Patsy told me just 12 days ago. With spiky streaks of blue painted in her hair and a smile that masked the pain she felt while…

Read Full Post

The OMS Collection – What Is It?!

One of the favorite parts of my job is getting to monitor our Fight CRC Instagram and Twitter accounts and watch you guys. I often skim through photos on social media with the hashtag #coloncancer, #coloncancerawareness and #fightcrc to see what you guys are up to….

Read Full Post

Featuring: Rhiannon's Music and Tattoos

OMS Contribution:  Rhiannon Ferrie’s Playlist & Tattoo Remembering Her Dad Rhiannon’s father was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer at age 45. After a three-year battle, Rhiannon lost her father to colon cancer. Recently, a close friend and mentor of Rhiannon’s also lost her battle with…

Read Full Post

Fight Colorectal Cancer Launches Meghan King Edmonds PSAs

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ALEXANDRIA, Va., Feb. 15, 2016 – Colorectal cancer impacts one in 20 people, including those with “fancy” lives. Reality star Meghan King Edmonds has partnered with Fight Colorectal Cancer (Fight CRC) to share her personal experience with the disease through a :30…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong – Derrick Hardy from Arkansas

Meet Derrick Derrick Hardy, FAP Greenbrier, Arkansas Derrick’s Story My name is Derrick. I am 29 years old and I live in Greenbrier, Arkansas with my wife Ashley. We have two daughters Sophia, age 4, Maddison, age 5 and a son Mason, age 3. I learned…

Read Full Post
Page 5 of 31« First...34567...102030...Last »