The Colon Club says that Colorectal Cancer is a Big Dam Problem. They are inviting people to join the models from the 2009 Colondar on September 6th to cross the Big Dam Bridge between Little Rock and and North Little Rock to raise awareness of colorectal cancer in Arkansas.
The Colondar features young colon or rectal cancer survivors who show off their scars for the photographer.
- WHO: Anyone who has been touched by colorectal cancer
- WHAT: Colorectal Cancer: It’s A Big Dam Problem!
- WHERE: Big Dam Bridge (starting on Little Rock side)
- WHEN: Saturday, September 6, 2008 at 9:00am
- WHY:To raise awareness about colorectal cancer in Arkansas
Registered GI Gallopers, who pay the registration fee of $30, will receive a 2009 Colondar, a t-shirt that commemorates their Big Dam Walk, and a gift bag.
Colorectal cancer survivors can walk for free and will also get a Colondar, t-shirt, and gift bag.
Want to walk “virtually”? You can also receive a shirt and Colondar by registering as Prevention Pretender.
The Colon Club and its founders are dedicated to what they call “crazy projects” to increase awareness of colorectal cancer, particularly among young people.