The American Cancer Society has a good web page for cancer patients about influenza H1N1 with links to more answers from the Centers for Disease Control and ACS Infections in People with Cancer.
The ACS recommends that people with cancer:
- Avoid large crowds, people with fever, flu or infection, and small children who go to schools or daycare.
- Wash their hands often or use a santizing gel.
- Cover their mouths and noses when they sneeze with a tissue and throw it away.
- Avoid touching their eyes, noses, or mouths.
- Talk to their doctors about risk of infection and possible use of Tamiflu or Relenza.