We gave you a small taste of what happened on Friday.
But today we’ll give you more!
THANK YOU to everyone who promoted our One Million Strong Kickoff – either in NYC or from a distance.
Remember – you can still take the pledge to become a part of One Million Strong.
Get Behind a Cure.
WARNING: Awesomeness ahead – get ready for this!
Success: One Million Strong – Times Square Kickoff
We made quite the “splash” for the colorectal cancer community. Just take a look:
Extra, Extra… There’s a 20-foot Colon in Times Square! [press coverage]
- ABCNews.com – Colorectal Cancer Month Kicks Off with Giant Inflatable Colon in Times Square
- Metro NY – pre-event features!
- Good Morning America - anyone see our advocates in the crowd and the TWO “plugs” for our Times Square event?
- Nationally syndicated press release from Fight Colorectal Cancer & Bayer
- ESPN: Quillin joins fight against colorectal cancer. WBO middleweight champion Peter Quillin, helps kick off a campaign called “One Million Strong” on Friday at the NASDAQ MarketSite in Times Square.
No war is fought alone… [sponsors of the event]
- Bayer Healthcare (main sponsor)
And – our NASDAQ Billboard sponsors:
- Bayer Healthcare
- Board member DAVID WICKS who gave the opportunity for us to be on the NASDAQ and Reuters boards.
- Given Imaging
- Quicken Loans
- Aquacai Water
- Boston Scientific
And… our community partners. You all rock!
- Prevent Cancer Foundation & the Prevent Cancer Super Colon
- The Colon Club‘s Board of Director, Debbie Donovan, who helped with our social media efforts
- Profile Barber Institute’s CEO and owner, Rodrick Samuels, was our Master of Ceremonies and sponsored our graffiti art mural
- Leighton Jacobus, medical student and artist
- Devin James, CEO of Devin James Group
- Micky Kerwick and the team at LuluLemon Atheletica, who lead our yoga classes
- James Darling, who lead our fabulous dance party
- Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin who is the current Middleweight Champion of the World
- Canvas Commercial Media Group
- Sky and Livi, Founder & CEO, Anjanette Dienne Sinesio came to present her signature awareness bracelet for the picture of the day winner
Excuse Me Miss – We Need your Pledge! [numbers from Times Square]
We met TONS of people during our Time Square event! Official counts are coming in, but so far:
- Over 500 people walked through the Super Colon!
- Over 400 people made the One Million Strong Pledge!
- THOUSANDS of flyers, hats, t-shirts, bags and stickers promoting One Million Strong and colorectal cancer awareness went out among New York City!
The Tweets Read Across the world [social media success]
- 168 NEW FACEBOOK FANS! Our posts reached at least 43,717 people!
- Our #1MilStrong hashtag had the potential exposure of reaching 98,823 people!
- On Friday, March 1, 351 tweets about #1MilStrong and #ColonCancer awareness, reaching 371,280 Twitter users
- On Saturday, Sam Champion of Good Morning America (over 130K followers) and the band Lady Antebellum (over 200K followers) followed suit by tweeting information about colorectal cancer awareness month kicking off in March; reaching another 300k Twitter users.
- Reuters’ medical journalist, Andrew M. Seaman tweeted about the Super Colon:
@andrewmseaman: I think I passed a giant colon in Times Square on my way to work this morning. Looks like
@FightCRC has something to so with it.
- Trade publication, Gastroenterology and Endoscopy News (@gastroendonews) joined One Million Strong:
@gastroendonews I just joined 1milstrong in the fight against colorectal cancer! pledge today at http://crcmillionstrong.org
- Lady Antellebum helped bring some awareness to our big day!
@ladyafans: RT @FightCRC: Charles Kelley of @ladyantebellum in our #1milstrong PSA as it plays in Times Square http://t.co/lTt5t8eYNY
- New York Presbyterian Hospital tweeted about the Super Colon:
@nyphospital: Spotted in @timessquarenyc: @fightcrc’s #supercolon. #coloncancerawareness #1milstrong http://t.co/Tu6kEbfG1n
- Kid Chocolate (Professional Boxer) tweeted about One Million Strong:
@KIDCHOCOLATE: I luv a good fight! I joined #1MilStrong 2 fight #ColorectalCancer! Meet me 4 pics&autographs #FridayMarch1st in #TimesSq3PM w/ @FightCRC
Last but not least – see for yourself. We’ve got great photos and videos that captured the entire day.
Thanks again to everyone who made Times Square come alive with colorectal cancer awareness!
We are One Million Strong!