November is National Family Caregivers Month, a time set aside to honor and celebrate those who support their sick loved ones. COVID-19 has created new challenges that ask even more from our caregivers, and we’re here to help. Here are some questions caregivers may be asking during the pandemic:
- With COVID-19, how much risk is too much risk?
- How do I cover the increased cost of care when I’m now on unemployment?
- How can I make sure virtual appointments are providing the care my family member needs?
- My family member is isolated in a nursing home…what do I do now?
- Which is more safe, staying at home or moving into a nursing home?
Family caregivers are having to handle caregiving in a crisis, adding even more stress to their plates. If you are a caregiver and need more information to help you navigate your complex caregiving challenges, you can access a free Caregiver Help Desk featuring voice and digital chat options through the Caregiver Action Network.
Fight CRC stands with you! We must all remember that caregiving is universal.