Looking for a way to cool off this summer? Try this ginger lemonade recipe from Cook for Your Life! Not only will it keep you hydrated, but ginger can help combat chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting.More tips on how to manage side effects, download our Side Effects Mini Magazine!
1 cup sugar
½ cup fresh ginger, grated
2 cups lemon juice
12 cups of water
- In a small pot, combine sugar, ginger, and 1 cup of water.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Stir occasionally to prevent the sugar from burning.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a large pitcher.
- Add lemon juice and 12 cups of water. Stir to combine.
- Serve chilled over ice.