What does it mean to be truly relentless?
When you think of relentlessness, what comes to mind? I think of:
- The ambassador who stands behind the Fight CRC table at a local health fair and talks about their very personal experience with colorectal cancer in order to encourage a stranger to get screened,
- The advocate who practices their talking points for hours, while working off their nerves, to walk into their legislators’ offices and explain to them why the screening loophole bill needs to be passed,
- And the caregiver who misses meals, showers, and stays up all hours of the night to care for the immediate physical and emotional needs of their loved one who is in the fight.
I think of ALL of our dedicated #RelentlessChampions and advocates. I think of those we’ve lost in this fight against colorectal cancer. Those fighters are no longer with us, but we all know their passion lives on relentlessly, just as they lived their lives relentlessly.
We’re all in the fight to end colorectal cancer. And, with our community of fighters, we’re ready to amplify our efforts.
We’d like to introduce you to our new and improved brand and mission. They both represent a renewed focus by Fight CRC, our direct response to the growing army of fighters, your relentless spirit, your commitment to hope, and your desire and power to influence change. This new direction represents our community of #RelentlessChampions. People like you.
Fight CRC’s New Mission:
Together we FIGHT to cure colorectal cancer and serve as relentless champions of hope for all affected by this disease through informed patient support, impactful policy change, and breakthrough research endeavors.
This new brand and new mission best positions the Fight CRC community to:
- INFLUENCE RESEARCH. We are at the forefront of informing and influencing the research community to commit more resources to colorectal cancer research, including potential breakthrough projects that lead to increased screening for colorectal cancer and better outcomes from treatment.
- BUILD CHAMPIONS. We recruit and build champions in Congress, state legislatures, federal regulatory agencies, and the insurance community to ensure that survivors’ voices are represented and amplified. We are relentless in our efforts to ensure colorectal cancer prevention and quality care for all those affected.
- EMPOWER PATIENTS. We continue to develop and expand Fight CRC’s patient education program to focus on the topics and issues that survivors and caregivers care about most. We provide the resources that allow them to make informed decisions about their care and well-being.