Meet the One Million Strong- Jennifer Wesselmannn from Illinois

Meet Jennifer Patient/Survivor Pocahontas, Illinois  Jennifer’s Story After a strong fight against colorectal cancer, Jennifer passed away in December 2017. We will keep fighting everyday in her memory. To donate in Jennifer’s memory, click here. I Fight For: Myself When diagnosed 11 years ago, they…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- Dana Georges from Indiana

Meet Dana Caregiver Fort Wayne, Indiana Dana’s Story I Fight For: my late husband, Jean Georges, Jr.;  my son, Mattaeo ; brother, Dustin  and all colon cancer survivors, caregivers, and families affected by this disease I became very involved in cancer advocacy efforts after losing…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- Heather Schiller from Georgia

Meet Heather Patient / Survivor Peachtree Corners, Georgia Heather’s Story On Father’s Day weekend 2012, the trajectory of our lives forever changed when my dad’s cousin and roommate called with news. Cancer. Terminal. Six months to a year. Daddy was 62 years old and had…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- Paul Shadle from Nebraska

Meet Paul Survivor/Patient Omaha, Nebraska Paul’s Story I want to make an impact by discussing screening options to as many people as possible. Spreading the word about screening and this terrible disease will hopefully save someone’s life. Most importantly supporting research so that one day…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- Julie Thomas from Arizona

Meet Julie Family member of a patient Chandler, Arizona Julie’s Story I lost my first husband and the father of my two boys when he was 37-years-old to colon cancer. Many times I feel so helpless in the fight. Fight CRC has given me an…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- The Gibson Sisters

Meet the Gibson Sisters Strong Arm Selfie’s for their dad After their dad was diagnosed with stage IV colorectal cancer, Carrie, Joy and Elsa Gibson decided to document his journey through Facebook as a way to keep friends and family informed. One day, one of…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- Mandi Griffin from Texas

Meet Mandi Survivor/ Patient Sherman, Texas Mandi’s Story I was originally brushed off when I went to the ER with severe symptoms. The doctors didn’t even give me a proper exam before sending me out the door. I knew something wasn’t right with my body….

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- Joan Smith from Maryland

Meet Joan Medical Professional Mitchellville, Maryland Joan’s Story I am very passionate about the fight against colon cancer and I want to make a difference. As a nurse practitioner with more than 14 years in gastroenterology, I have seen first hand the impact colon cancer…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- Gina Benedetti from California

Meet Gina Patient / Survivor Petaluma, California Gina’s Story I had a son a few months prior to having symptoms, via c-section, and was having stomach cramps when I woke up. Every day I would have the stomach cramps, but just for a few minutes….

Read Full Post