Meet the One Million Strong- Kim Houston from Georgia

Meet Kim Survivor/Patient Atlanta, Georgia Kim’s Story Kim was diagnosed with stage III colorectal cancer at age 45. Now it is her mission to educate those under 50 about the signs and symptoms. So many young people are ignoring the symptoms like I did. I…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- Jacqueline Schrader from Kansas

Meet Jacqueline Survivor/Patient Emporia, Kansas Jacqueline’s Story Although the fight through cancer felt like I was alone, there were so many people who impacted my fight and my recovery. I was not alone, and it was the people around me, from Brian the intake guy…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- Kenny Toye from New York

Meet Kenny Survivor/Patient Albany, New York Kenny’s Story My name is Kenny Toye, I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Colorectal cancer when I was 25-years-old. After my family’s farm in Eastern Washington State burned down in the middle of the winter, I decided to finish…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong Linda Dawe from Mississippi

Meet Linda Survivor/Patient Gautier, Mississippi Linda’s Story I Fight For: Myself Fight CRC has given me a platform to share my survivorship story and spread the word on screening! More people need to be informed about the dangers of colorectal cancer. My surgeon was the…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- Ivory Bruinsma from Washington

Meet Ivory Survivor/Patient Tacoma, Washington Ivory’s Story Cancer changed my life. It made me more self aware and more aware of others. It increased my empathy and care for others. Having gone through something like this it has made me a better, stronger more loving…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- Riley Castro from Florida

Meet Riley Patient/Survivor Crestview, Florida Riley’s Story I Fight For: Myself, and to stay around for my daughter’s life and her children. I fight for those that don’t have a voice or do not know where to begin. Colon cancer advocating has been a huge passion…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- Heather White from Arkansas

Meet Heather Survivor/Patient Centerton, Arkansas Heather’s Story I am a 5-year survivor of early-onset stage IIIB rectal cancer. It was very difficult to get a doctor to take me seriously about my condition, which could have been caught if I had been screened earlier. I…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- Doug Schwartz from Texas

Meet Doug Friend of a Patient San Angelo, Texas Doug’s Story During Clint Cummings fight I saw the debilitating speed this beast has and how devastating it was to those around him. This realization came on the heels of a close friend from high school…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- Heather Hardecopf from Minnesota

Meet Heather Caregiver Elk River, Minnesota Heather’s Story The Wedding Day. It is this wonderful blissful day filled with joy and expectation. I did have a bit of perspective on my own wedding day, as my Dad was skipping his final Chemotherapy treatment in order…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong- Kellie Hoffman from West Virginia

Meet Kellie Caregiver Ona, West Virginia Kellie’s Story I Fight For: Linda Crump After watching my mom battle colon cancer for 10 years and eventually die from it, I feel I need to be educating others and helping others deal with all the aspects of…

Read Full Post