One Million Strong About

In Loving Memory of Rose

“I could not, at any age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived. Curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.” – Eleanor Roosevelt Rose Hausmann…

Read Full Post

Finding My Voice

Kristina Smith is a loving widow, mother, teacher and basketball coach in Hollister, MO. She has one son, Porter (3), step-daughter, Lilly (15), and two fur babies, Molly and Daisy. Kristina enjoys basketball, watching her daughter play volleyball, and riding four-wheelers and looking for deer…

Read Full Post
Keavy McAbee

The Goodbyes

I cannot believe how long it took me to write this post. I now know it’s because saying goodbye is hard. My husband and I, along with two friends, opened a restaurant this past May. I knew it would be long hours and lots of…

Read Full Post
Jerri-Lyn-2012-ConC

An Office Manager With Heart

Jerri Lyn Mooney began working with Fight Colorectal Cancer seven years ago in May 2009. Over the past several years she’s helped build the organization and execute many behind-the-scenes operations. Advocates love her for her kindness and helpfulness. She’s a true advocate who loves the…

Read Full Post

iRacing for Colorectal Cancer Awareness

Ben Cox joined us on the Hill for his first time three years ago as an advocate. He advocates alongside his mother Susan and brother Andrew on behalf of his late father, Randy Cox. Ben’s advocacy is seen both on and off the Hill. Check…

Read Full Post

Recap: 2016 Ambassador Training

Music can express your thoughts when you can’t find the words to express the power of something. Ambassador training 2016 left me at a loss for words. It was one of the most powerful, emotional and inspiring weekends of my life. Lucky for me (and you!) I have…

Read Full Post

Climbing Mountains For Colorectal Cancer

It’s easy to feel a sting of defeat from colorectal cancer. Your body takes a bruising that on your worst days, you question if you’ll ever recover. But the human body, just like the human spirit, is resilient. Our group of hikers who took on Longs…

Read Full Post

Q&A with Erica Hoffman – Vocal Coach Fights Stage IV CRC

Erica Hoffman is an effervescent young vocal coach at Jan Smith Studios, as well as a singer-songwriter, experienced performer and worship leader. While pursuing her passion as a vocal coach, she became violently ill with stage IV colon cancer in October 2015. Since her diagnosis she’s received…

Read Full Post

Letter from the President – August 2016

“Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier Fight Colorectal Cancer envisions victory over colon and rectal cancers. We haven’t made Forbes 50 largest U.S. charities list, yet. So in the meantime, how can we make…

Read Full Post

The Eternal Ostomist

I’m Suzanne. I’m from Braintree in Essex, U.K. At 36 I was diagnosed with advanced-stage bowel cancer after being misdiagnosed for many years with “IBS.” Sadly, due to the location and size of the tumour, I ended up with an AP resection (permanent colostomy), followed…

Read Full Post
Page 3 of 3112345...102030...Last »