Bringing a CRC patient voice to ASCO 2016

The annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) takes place June 3-7 in Chicago and I’ll be there! More than 30,000 cancer researchers and patient advocates will be in attendance presenting results from current cancer research – all in one place! I…

Read Full Post

Meet the One Million Strong – Sandy Muschenheim from Minnesota

MEET SANDY Sandy Muschenheim St. Paul, Minnesota Sandy’s Story I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer during my baseline screening colonoscopy in 2011. My first liver metastasis was removed one year later.  I have had additional liver metastases removed in 2013 and 2015. I…

Read Full Post

The Collective Voice: 10th Annual Call-on Congress Recap

If you’ve ever tried to tell someone about D.C., it would be an injustice to show a single picture of the reflecting pool or a selfie from the White House. They all honor and remember those who’ve sacrificed and served with strength to better our…

Read Full Post

Featuring: Blue Hope Hard Hat Initiative

OMS Contribution: Blue Hope Hard Hat Initiative Kevin Hays was diagnosed with stage IIIb colon cancer at age 28. He underwent surgery and FOLFOX chemotherapy after diagnosis. Kevin now works on colorectal cancer awareness initiatives to encourage people to better educate themselves about the disease…

Read Full Post

Featuring: The Gibson Sisters

OMS Contribution Strong Arm Selfie’s for their dad After their dad was diagnosed with stage IV colorectal cancer, Carrie and Elsa Gibson decided to document his journey through Facebook as a way to keep friends and family informed. One day, one of their friends tagged…

Read Full Post

The Under 50 Phenomenon

Guest blogger, Dr. Harvey Murff from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine discusses the increased incidence in colorectal cancer diagnosis in people under age 50. In individuals over the age of 50, the number of new colorectal cancer cases has decreased by 30% over the last…

Read Full Post

Shaye Dunn's Story

Shaye’s story was originally shared on her CaringBridge page. My story began in April, 2004 ago when I was diagnosed with Stage IIIB colon cancer at age 36! After surgery and chemotherapy I had a recurrence just 17 months later when the cancer spread to my left…

Read Full Post

Featuring: Dewey Longuski's Colonoscopy Song

OMS Contribution Dewey Longuski’s Colonoscopy Song After Dewey’s father was diagnosed with colorectal cancer a few years ago, Dewey realized how important it was to get people talking about getting screened. “My dad was diagnosed with colorectal cancer and it could have been prevented if…

Read Full Post

RECAP: NASDAQ Bell Ringing 2016

In true March tradition around Fight CRC, this week we participated in a closing bell ceremony at NASDAQ thanks to our board member David Wicks. It’s how we’ve kicked off a March full of awareness over the past several years. It’s an annual tradition and a…

Read Full Post

Remembering Patsy – Make Her Story Heard

In Patsy’s words, “With faith, joy, laughter, dancing, grace, trust and hope, I have pummeled through the tough times, and kicked some serious cancer booty.” Patsy was ready to walk the halls of Congress alongside her mother Sandy on March 16, 2016 at Call-on Congress….

Read Full Post
Page 3 of 2912345...1020...Last »