Call-on Congress is a three-day event where colon and rectal cancer survivors, caregivers and loved ones from all over the U.S. unite to make their voices heard in Washington, D.C.
About Call-On Congress
2018 Dates Coming Soon!
You will spend two days learning about research and important policy issues. On the third day, you and 100 of your new friends will meet with members of Congress and their staff on the Hill.
Come join us and meet survivors, caregivers and loved ones who want to make a difference. Don’t miss this amazing celebration, hear about the victories and learn how you can impact policy.
Read about the impact advocate voices made in 2017!READ OUR 2017 LEGISLATIVE GOALS
Want to know more about what to expect?
Details for 2018 will be released in fall 2017.
- Most of your meals
- T-shirt and training materials
- A mentor to help prepare and guide you
- Hands-on training for meeting with members of Congress
- An instant network to raise awareness with year-round
- Scheduling and transportation for your congressional meetings
- A ticket to our annual Celebration Dinner
(A $1,000 value!)
Meet our 2017 Scholars!
Thanks to our generous sponsors, we’re able to provide hotel rooms for 16 first-time attendees this year! We’re also partnering with The Colon Club to send 2017 On the Rise featured survivors to Call-on Congress. Your donations help make this possible!
Need ideas for reducing your expenses for attending Call-on Congress? We’ve got you covered. Download our tip sheet.
2017 Sponsors: The Baker Family, Friends of Rose, The Schrack Family and the Fight CRC Board of Directors
Call-on Congress leaves you with empowerment in your voice and advocates who become your family.
– Pam Seijo, West Virginia, stage III rectal cancer survivor
Agenda & Speakers
You will be a PRO at advocacy. Here is what you can expect:
- You’ll meet amazing survivors, caregivers and friends.
- A special session for first time attendees!
- Receive hands-on training on how to meet with members of Congress.
- Get practical tips on how to raise awareness, tell your story and push for change.
- Be a part of our Annual Celebration Dinner.
We’ll have a full lineup of speakers!
Call-on Congress gave me courage to believe I had a future after cancer. The support and encouragement has changed my life completely.
– Elaine Newcomb, Wyoming, stage IV colon cancer survivor
Hotel & Travel
Hotel & Conference Location
The 2018 details coming in fall 2017.
We recommend flying into Reagan National Airport (DCA).
Virtual Lobby Day
Unable to join us at Call-on Congress in person? Join us from home!
On Hill Day, we’ll send you an email explaining how to take action from home. We need you to contact your members of Congress and join the voices of advocates hitting the Hill on that same day.
Virtual Lobby Day 2017 resulted in more than 5,500 emails to Congress!
Help us in 2018 – Register now!
Photos & Videos
Want to see what a great time advocates have at Call-on Congress?
Get energized and excited about 2018!
Check Out Our Photo Library From Last Year
Watch Our 2017 Call-On Congress Recap Video
Thank You to Our Partners!
Thank you to the following organizations for partnering with Fight Colorectal Cancer’s 11th annual Call-on Congress!
Thank You to Our Sponsors!